Another Video of ROHJ, Loki chokes as soon as the db goes too far out. But does great on the close ones.
ROF - Loki had some great ones and some he choked on. It still goes down to distance when he chokes. We did happen to get a few further ones at the end. Good Job Pat! Way to stick with it.
Loki's RC exam uploaded.
ReplyDeleteAll things considered, given what we have gone through to get Loki to this point, that is being able to do RoHJ & RoF (@ short distances), I am passing Loki on this Retrieve Course.
ReplyDeleteMuch more importantly is that you, Pat, stayed with this Course. You, Pat, have graduated🎓 and I now consider you an Advanced Graduate Student . THAT is the biggest success is the transformation of you as a handler during this RC. Hats off, Pat, I am so very proud of you.
Trina, you too deserve accolades. Your coaching and steadfast commitment to helping Pat with one tough dog named Loki, is outstanding. You have grown in leaps'n'bounds since that week you were ready to quit the RC with Zoey.
Transformation takes time, repetitive good practicing, ridiculous patience, and an openness to work through 'the hard parts'. You both have done that, I am so proud of both of you, Pat and Trina.
Finally, hats off to one tough dog named. Loki. While this training journey has been rough, challenging and a struggle to help Loki understand, still these Loki lessons have helped everyone grow and overcome some formidable training challenges. It has taken the entire team to get Loki to this point.l of success. Hard dogs are NEVER easy to train, but when one is willing to learn what it takes to train one well, then they became a better, more confident handler. So, I am mighty grateful for Loki and the gifts he brought so all could learn from him. This RC for Loki is completed. 🙂
Onward Pat, onward...
Perfectly said, Roxanne! I had the same thoughts as I watched the video. Quite the transformation in both Loki and Pat. Pat has become a skilled and confident handler and Trina is an excellent coach. What a great team they made to help Loki through the RC.
ReplyDeleteLoki is not an easy dog and as Roxanne said, it was a group effort. Though I didn’t handle Loki, I learned a lot watching each of you work him to get him past some of his “sticking points”. It’s been a joy and a privilege to be part of this journey with Pat and Loki!
Congrats, Pat. You did it! You persevered, you were patient and remained steady through the course. You are an excellent handler. I guess you could say Loki pushed you to be the handler you are today 😊 You have definitely earned the title of “Advanced Graduate Student”. I’m so happy for you!
I am so grateful for all of you. The encouragement and friendship that has come from this group was and is an unexpected blessing.
ReplyDeleteI was coming into this with the hope of having better trained dogs then adding to my pack. I have learned so much about myself along with what to give a dog for him/her to have a purpose and fulfilling life.
A BIG thank you to Trina for encouraging me to not give up, and taking the time to work with Loki and I so that we achieved the "Advanced Graduate Student"
Way to go, Pat! Huge kudos for sticking with it—you could have walked away, but you didn’t. That kind of perseverance really says a lot about you. I’m truly impressed, and I’ve really enjoyed working alongside you through both the good parts and challenges you have faced. Congrats on becoming the newest
ReplyDeleteAdvanced Graduate Student.